- Choose from beneficial sedation options
- Receive compassionate care from our team
- Prevent the need for more extensive dental work
There’s nothing wrong with needing sedation for your dental procedure. We understand that many patients experience dental anxiety and need something to help them relax. That’s why we offer sedation options in Stillwater that will take the edge off your anxiety. With sedation, you can:Enjoy A Comfortable Experience Read Transcript
Enjoy A Comfortable Experience
Some people get very nervous about dentistry, and I understand. My own experiences as a youth should have made me more fearful of dentistry, and I get that these things can be hard.
The reality of the matter is most of the procedures are actually rather boring, and when we talk about it, a number of my patients who felt they wanted something are happy doing care without sedation. But we do offer a number of options for those who need something more.
The first level is to do nitrous, laughing gas. That'll make you feel more relaxed. With nitrous, you can drive yourself to your appointment. You can drive yourself home. The nitrous is out of your system and you are able to carry on normally after procedures are done.
The next level is to do some form of oral sedation. We will prescribe a medication for you. You will fill a prescription. You will come to the office an hour before your appointment, and you will take the medication here. We do that specifically because we want to observe you.
We want to make sure how the medication is working, that you are responding well, that someone else in your family, your ride, or otherwise, doesn't have to be concerned about how you're doing on a medication plus different people respond differently. So we want to ensure your safety. You are here where we can observe you, make sure things are working well.
Oral sedation does not make you unconscious. You will still be awake, but you will be much less worried about what's going on.
The next level beyond that is to add nitrous onto oral sedation, so now we're using both. Whenever we're doing any oral sedation, you need to have a ride bring you home. When we add nitrous, you still need a ride to bring you home from oral sedation.
The next step beyond that is we can bring in an anesthesiologist. We work with an anesthesia group. They can come in. They can set up the IV lines. They can do all the monitoring. You will not be aware of the dentistry that was done.
You will need someone to bring you home. You'll need to recover for the rest of the day. And then you will have an anesthesiologist taking care of the IV sedation, and we'll take care of the endodontic side, as another option for those who just can't find a way to deal with dentistry.
If the soothing environment at our office and our humor aren't enough to have you comfortable, we have a variety of sedation options available to ensure that you will be comfortable with your care.
- Lie back comfortably during your procedure
- Receive the treatment your smile needs
- Gain peace of mind about your oral health
- Treat problems now before they worsen
Call us today at 651-370-9498 to make an appointment for relaxing dental care. You’ll find our office at the intersection of Wildpines Lane and Stillwater Boulevard North. Our compassionate team looks forward to helping you with your smile.
Sedation Can Give You an Excellent Dental Experience
Dental sedation is one of the greatest innovations in dentistry. With it, patients who experience dental fear can relax and receive much-needed dental care, including root canals, dental implants, and other procedures. These patients will also enjoy the peace of mind that comes with taking care of their oral health needs. At River Valley Endodontics, we offer options for sedation. We’ll help you decide which one will work best for your situation. Your choices include:
- Inhaled Sedation – You’ll breathe in sweet-smelling laughing gas through a comfortable mask, and in moments you’ll begin to feel relaxed from head to toe. The gas will give you a feeling of lightness and euphoria, and you won’t worry about your dental work any longer. Best of all, the gas will wear off quickly afterward, so you’ll be able to drive yourself home safely.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – Dr. Reeh will prescribe a small pill for you to take before your procedure. By the time we’re set to begin work, you’ll feel very relaxed and maybe even a bit groggy. You’ll remain awake and able to communicate with our team, although some patients do become so relaxed that they doze off. A friend or family member will need to drive you home afterward, as the pill will take several hours to wear off.
When you need sedation options in Stillwater for your endodontic care, you’ll find what you’re looking for at River Valley Endodontics. Call us today at 651-370-9498 to schedule an appointment. You can also make an appointment .