If you have missing teeth, you know all too well the challenges that come with it. You can’t eat all the foods you love and struggle with overall dental function. So, as we usher in a new year, it’s the perfect time to set resolutions that improve your overall health and enhance your quality of life. If you are ready for a change, you’ll want to consider dental implants. It’s a fantastic New Year’s goal that will restore your smile and give you many life-changing benefits.
What Are Dental Implants?
We wanted to discuss what implants are before we dive into their benefits. Dental implants are titanium tooth roots that Dr. Reeh places into your jawbone. Once in place, they offer a secure foundation for replacement teeth, such as crowns, bridges, or dentures. This innovative solution not only mimics the natural look of teeth but also functions like real teeth, allowing for improved chewing, speech, and overall comfort.
The Life-Changing Benefits of Dental Implants
Pairing implants with restorations like crowns, bridges, or dentures gives you numerous benefits. Unlike options that sit on top of the gums, implants fuse securely with the jawbone like natural tooth roots, allowing comfortable function for eating and speaking. You can:
- Enjoy Your Favorite Foods Again – If you are only wearing dentures, you are limited in the foods you eat. Dental implants restore full chewing capacity, allowing you to bite into crunchy fruits and vegetables, nuts, thick steaks, and more without discomfort or slippage.
- Regain Youthful Facial Features – When teeth are lost, lack of stimulation causes the jawbone and facial tissues to deteriorate. Implants prevent bone loss, so you avoid that sunken cheek look. Your features will look fuller and more youthful.
- Protect Your Oral Health – Missing teeth cause alignment problems as your teeth shift to fill in the space. It can lead to a variety of issues that affect your oral health and function. Dental implants stop this cycle and improve oral health. Also, by having proper nutrition through improved chewing, your overall health gets a boost, too.
- Speak Clearly and Confidently Again – Gaps between teeth make normal speech challenging. Dentures can sometimes slip out of place when you talk. Dental implants allow comfortable, clear speech since they fuse securely to your jaw like natural teeth roots. You can speak confidently to friends, colleagues, or even large crowds.
- Smile Beautifully Without Worry – A complete smile promotes success and positive social experiences. When teeth go missing, it impacts your confidence and self-image. Dental implants look and feel completely natural, allowing you to smile, laugh, and live life to the fullest without embarrassment or denture mishaps.
If you are ready to experience the benefits that implants give you, you need to be sure you are a
candidate first. Dr. Reeh will perform an exam to determine if you have the bone strength to support implants. It all depends on how many implants you need and the extent of your tooth loss. Living with missing teeth or only dentures can lead to bone loss in your jaw. It may be necessary to perform specific procedures to prepare you in advance.
Then, once he’s ready to move forward, he will place the implants in your mouth. After a period of healing, you’ll return for your restorations.