October is a month where you’ve got a reasonably good chance of encountering a vampire, zombie, or other monster. If that doesn’t scare you but you’re frightened by the prospect of a root canal, we’d like to set you straight. While root canals have gotten a bad reputation over the years, it is largely undeserved. It is typically no more painful than getting a filling. Still, we understand if you are nervous. You needn’t be though, with our tips for a non-scary root canal:
- Go to an Expert – Dr. Reeh is a board-certified endodontist. This means he performs root canals routinely, unlike most general dentists. In addition, he has advanced training that makes he better equipped to deal with any potential complications. He’s been been named a Top Dentist in the endodontist category by Mpls.St.Paul Magazine. And other dentists refer their patients to him for this procedure, as you’ll hear in this video testimonial.
- Get Your Questions Answered – With a root canal as with many things in life, uncertainty about the unknown can cause anxiety. That’s not an issue at River Valley Endodontics because Dr. Reeh will explain every aspect of your treatment and your recovery and what you can expect. He’ll answer all of your questions before your treatment begins. As our patient Barb says in her testimonial: “Dr. Reeh is a really caring and very knowledgeable dentist to come and see. He always explains things in a very simple manner, in a way that you can understand. And he always listens. He’s always listening to what my concerns are, what my fears are, and he has a way of just calming those fears and I always feel like I’m in very good hands when I come to see him.”
- Receive Sedation If You Need It – While Dr. Reeh will thoroughly numb your mouth so you won’t feel a thing, you can also receive dental sedation if you’d like. You can choose fast-acting laughing gas, which also wears off quickly and won’t leave you feeling groggy. Or you can take a small FDA-approved pill. Both methods will help you remain calm and relaxed throughout your procedure.
- Find Help Fast for Pain – If you’re in pain from an infected tooth, we’ll do our best to get you in ASAP. We’ll even see established patients after hours and on weekends if necessary. That means a great deal to our patients!
- Don’t Worry About Payment – Concern over finances can add anxiety to dental procedures. But it won’t at our office, with our many payment options. We accept most dental insurance plans as well as third-party financing through CareCredit or an in-house option with no interest. If you pay in full at the time of care, you’ll even get a discount (5 percent for cash or check or 2.5 percent for payment with a credit card).
If you think you might need a root canal treatment, call us ASAP at 651-370-9498 for an appointment in our Stillwater, MN. You’ll get a non-scary root canal!